At Continental Express, we’re in the business of getting goods from here to there, safely and on time. Transportation is an essential and complex industry with dozens of moving parts and details. It requires strategic planning and problem-solving to operate – which is where our Fleet Managers step in. Fleet managers are mid-management personnel and oversee an assigned cohort of Continental Express’ Class A CDL drivers and freight transportation.
Freight Managers know how to build interpersonal relationships, communicate and lead effectively, and stay organized.
- Communicate with and manage fleet of professional drivers
- Establish one-on-one relationships with drivers to sustain and uphold Continental Express’ team-oriented culture
- Assign loads and monitor freight movement to provide safe, on-time service.
- Ensure fleet compliance with D.O.T. regulations.
- Coach drivers through improving the essential skills of their position
- Manage assigned drivers’ schedules, including home time needs, holidays, and vacation
- Communicate with customers electronically and via telephone to schedule freight for pick up and delivery and to provide updates
- Enter, edit and update appropriate information in internal computer system
- Collaborate with safety, human resources, billing, and other departments as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Holds a Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management or other business-related field
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and general computer knowledge, especially Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Is detail-oriented and organized, and can adapt given changing environment
- Has a working knowledge of D.O.T. regulations and hours of service, and a general knowledge of geography
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package including; 401(K) with employer match, quarterly wage reviews first year, paid time off, health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
Pay: $52,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year